- 1 In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices:
- 2 Best Tall Walkers for Seniors (Reviews & Guide)
- 3 Points To Consider While Making Decision For a Tall Walkers For Elderly
- 4 Conclusion
Believe it or not, but it’s not easy to find tall walkers for seniors. Most of the general walkers out there in the market don’t reach up to the height of people who are 6ft tall or even near that. Whereas there are some which manage to reach that much height, but they start to become unstable, and hopping on them is more of a risk to your life.
If you don’t have trust over your product especially something which you are going to use on a daily basis and that too for long term then it’s better to not go for it.
The tall people have a limited number of options when it comes to walkers but this doesn’t mean that the available options are bad to consider. In fact, some of them are very finest and can support you with the most ease. So, which are these products? How are they going to be useful to you? Keep reading to know more.
Best Tall Walkers for Seniors (Reviews & Guide)
In the below list of best tall walkers for seniors, we are going to focus on all types of walkers right from the most basic ones to the most advanced and stylish yet budget-friendly options. It’s going to be a fun ride reading the article!
1) Drive Medical Deluxe Two Button Folding Walker
- Comes with wheels and a vinyl contoured hand grip. With your arm extended down, handle should be at wrist height. With your hand placed on the hand grip, your elbow should be flexed 20 to 30 inch
- Each side operates independently to allow easy movement through narrow spaces and greater stability while standing
Alright, now let’s start off with the most basic and budget-friendly walker for tall person; Drive Medical Deluxe Two Button Folding Walker.
The stuff goes up to 39 inches and is one of the best tall walkers for seniors that you can purchase right away through our link. It’s just 7.5 pounds, making it a very lightweight option. It’s capable of reaching even in the smallest areas including the smallest bathroom, thanks to it being just 24 inches wide.
To lose down a few inches from the whole width, you can easily get the front wheels installed in the inside of the frame. Some may think that it’s lightweight so it may not be that effective for outdoors but trust me you are uselessly underestimating the product.
It’s even very simple and straightforward to fold and unfold the walker, all you have to do is just click on the red release buttons. The 5-inch wheels of the walker are just amazing, they don’t leave a mark on the floor at all.
2) Carex Crosstour Rolling Walker Rollator
- STYLISH ROLLATOR, EURO STYLE. Easy to use side folding design, a great walker for seniors with sophisticated design and styling. A premium stand up walker for the elderly that won't disappoint in...
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE rollator walker with seat. The Crosstour walker fits virtually every adult height and is a leader in premium adult walkers for seniors.Locking brakes for use when seating
If you have a height of up to 6’4″, then the Carex Crosstour Rolling Walker Roll-top would be a great option as it’s a Euro-style walker.
The Nitro walker (Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker, Tall Height, Black 1 Count ) listed in our best tall walkers for seniors list is quite similar to this one but it’s a bit costlier and if you want to save down a few bucks then Crosstour is a great option to consider and not to forget that it’s a 4 wheel rotator. But still, we think that Nitro is a bit more detailed and better in a few aspects than this one.
The product is just 14 pounds and the foldable frame can easily fit in your trunk. The 8-inch wheels front (6 inch rear) are just fabulous in working, you can easily go over the hardest spots without much trouble.
You can also adjust the handle from 38 inches down to 34 inches, making it convenient for both average height and more than average height individuals. To safeguard your personal items, there’s also a small water-resistant nylon pouch.
3) OasisSpace Heavy Duty Folding Walker
- 【WEIGHT CAPACITY】Bariatric size for seniors up to 500lbs.
- 【EASILY FOLDING】This folding front wheel walker is designed with a comfy 2-push-button mechanism and is easy to operate, by fingers, palms or side of hand for convenience.
The taller and heavier people are going to love this walker from OasisSpace. There’s a lot of space between the handles and can go up to 39 inches, making it convenient for most of the individuals out there.
On the front side, it has double 5-inch wheels packed with a wide frame and capable of handling almost 500 pounds. All this makes the product a durable one, perfect for both indoors and outdoors.
It doesn’t matter how big or heavy it is, this tall walker with wheels is still capable of folding down flat for the utmost ease of transportation. Believe it or not, the walker just weighs 8 pounds, all thanks to the light alloy frame.
We took the walker for a trip and trust us, there wasn’t even one instance where we had trouble loading or unloading the walker. The product has been approved by the FDA which is a recognition that you can rely on. Looks-wise, the walker is great as it sports flashy colors and doesn’t follow the old style.
4) Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style – Our Top Choice
- Handle height easily adjusts with unique push button; Back support height easily adjusts with tool-free thumb screw
- Large 10 inches front casters allow optimal steering and rolling comfort; Caster fork design enhances turning radius. Plastic clip holds the Nitro closed when frame is folded.
When it comes to stylish and advanced rollators, then Drive Medical is the name that the industry is very much familiar with. These guys seem to be specialized in the tall walkers for seniors category.
The Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Tall is just perfect for any individual, no matter what the height is as it can go right from 36 inches to up to 41 inches. Yes, you heard it right! It’s probably the only walker in the market that’s suitable for individuals for up to 6 feet tall. According to customer reviews on this product, It is one of the best walkers for tall people.
The large wheels (10-inch front castors), narrow width (23 inches), and lightweight aluminum frame (17.5 pounds) make the product one of a kind in the market.
Right from the home tour to the park walk, the walker didn’t cause any trouble anywhere! It’s a stylish product that was just making people go crazy. A lot of elderly people came up to us to enquire about this stylish yet strong walker from Drive Medical.
5) UPWalker Original Upright Walker – Recommended
- We want you to be happy with your purchase and encourage you to ensure the UpWalker is right for you and your situation. Our primary concern is that the UpWalker is safe and effective for you or the...
- 1. Too heavy or bulky for me to maneuver it. Do not buy the UpWalker if you are not of reasonable health, or if you have ataxia and/or some other mobility issues. You may not be able to handle the...
The UPWalker Original Upright Walker is the same one that you usually see in advertisements. It has been manufactured by Lifewalker and is one of the most top selling walkers in 2020. At first glance only, you are going to find that the product is a lot sturdy and solid. It doesn’t matter whether you are walking or standing, the walker remains a lot sturdy.
The company themselves claim that the product was manufactured with the mindset of targeting people who need maximum support.
The product is available in a total of three sizes including small, medium, and large.
Each size comes with its own adjustable height armrests, allowing it to cater to almost every individual out there.
To make sure that you select the right size for yourself, Amazon has there handy size chart that you can look upon. The walker comes loaded with a cup holder, storage cap, etc.
6) Hugo Portable Rollator Walker
- This blue rollator walker has a built-in seat with backrest that provides a perfect place to sit and rest, includes a convenient under seat storage bag. Lightweight
- Hugo's Rollator has height adjustable handle bars for proper posture and ergonomic hand grips which place your hands at a natural angle for comfort and better brake access
Do you need something that can be convenient for your mobility? If yes, then you probably need Hugo Portable Rollator Walker. At first glance only, your eyes are delighted with its blue color and that results in a soothing experience that you don’t want to get off with.
Right from comfort to easier handling, the product is just perfect to be in our list of best tall walkers for seniors. It’s very easy to assemble the product, you don’t need any technical advice or tool to get started.
The Hugo Portable Rollator Walker can easily be turned into a compact package. Henceforth, removing your tension of storing or transporting the walker.
If you need a natural angle, then it’s our personal recommendation that you purchase the walker right now. The handles are comfortable and the grip is also hard. It can go maximum up to 46 inches as reported by some users. To make it easier for you to store things while you go out for shopping, there’s also a bag. This gives you relief of convenience.
Points To Consider While Making Decision For a Tall Walkers For Elderly
Let’s not make it complicated as we aren’t having here a Physics class but in very simple words, the tall people are said to have a higher center of gravity in comparison to short people. What does this have to do with the walker? You will know in an instance!
The property of gravity makes them more prone to falls and if your walker has got small wheels then it’s definitely going to encounter the cracks, rocks, etc. That’s why to avoid the stuck part, you have to look for larger wheels, at least 8 inches. For the front-wheel walker, anything lesser than 5 inches is a waste of money.
Due to more height and increase in size, the weigh of tall people is generally more in terms of shorter people. That’s why you need to ensure the weight-bearing capacity of your walker.
In general cases, 250-300 pounds seems pretty much fine but if by any chance you are having more weigh then you need to accordingly look for higher options.
Universal walkers have adjustable legs whereas, in most of cases, rollators have adjustable handles. But, keeping all this aside for a moment, you should follow a thumb rule of purchasing anything which has a minimum of 38 inches of reach right from the ground to the handles.
Think over this point and once you understand your requirements, you are good to go.
The above listed tall walkers for seniors are the ones that suit perfectly well for the audience that are 6ft tall or somewhere near it.
Each product has its own pros and cons, which we have already discussed in the respective sections. But, still if out of all the six options, we have to choose one product then it would be undoubtedly Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker, Tall Height, Black 1 Count , as it seems perfect in almost all aspects. This is our personal thought and opinion, rest all is up to you! So make a wise decision and just go for it!