- 1 In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices:
- 2 When does one Need a Walker?
- 3 Why Opt for a Pink Walker Instead of a Normal Neutral-Colored Walker?
- 4 Best Pink Walkers for the Elderly
- 5 What to Look for in a Pink Walker?
- 6 Are Walkers Covered by Insurance?
- 7 Conclusion
As one grows older, the need to depend on an external source is not a rarity. Ailing health and deteriorating bone strength make it difficult to function without external assistance in many cases. From walking sticks to rollator, there are many alternative appliances that can make the life of an elderly easier. For now, we will be focusing on the new trend of best pink walkers for elderly. Let’s check some of the top options that can be found in the market.
When does one Need a Walker?
It is an innate human tendency to reject the idea that humans do age. Many are often in denial of the fact that their body is not in great condition as it was once upon a time. This tendency to delay facts often deteriorates the skeletal system to such an extent that permanent recuperation becomes almost impossible.
Walker is a much safer and sturdier alternative to walking stick and crutch. It provides a uniform base for proper weight distribution thus exerting minimal pressure on the body and limbic system. Walkers are generally advised in situations where abnormal gait and improper balance are the areas of primary concern.
Unlike Crutch or walking sticks which require constant observation by an assistant, walkers are a relatively safer option. The chances of falling off or losing balance are almost 0 due to the convention four-corner support system design.
However, there are certain situations which are often regarded as the main deciding factor for prescribing a walker. These scenarios include
Reduced Body strength due to loss of musculature
As the body ages, it is common to see the loss of muscles and fat. Sedentary lifestyle, illness, and aging are just a few determining causes. The weakening of the body often results in inability or difficulty to perform minuscule tasks.
When it becomes difficult to do small and simple tasks, it is time to undergo a thorough checkup and determine whether it is time to rely on external help like walkers and rollators for day to day movements and tasks.
Weaker lower body resulting in loss of weight-bearing capacity
Muscle wearing and joint problems are just the beginning phase of a weak body. Over time, the human body goes through numerous changes. It is common for the joints and bones to weaken. Osteoporosis, Arthritis, and other ailments begin to slowly pave their way into one’s life with age thus causing weakness in the limbic region. This makes it difficult to move around smoothly without assistance.
Loss of Balance
Loss of balance is often caused due to aging, medical conditions related to mobility and Nervous System or even brain functions, etc. This is a very dangerous condition that needs to be taken care of right away. Falling because of Loss of Balance can cause severe irreparable damage to the body.
Why Opt for a Pink Walker Instead of a Normal Neutral-Colored Walker?
Modern-day elderlies are often way smarter and style-conscious than one can perceive. Many elderly patients often complain that style and esthetics are not a strong suit of these walking devices. In addition to being sturdy, strong, and comfortable many want attractive outward appearance as one of the additional criteria these days.
Neon colors are not easy to hide. In fact, they give a very interesting look to even the simplest of things. Pink is one of the most visibly attractive neon colors is often one of the most favored color choices on any device.
Surprisingly Pink Walkers are among the most sold products worldwide. If you wonder why that’s because
- Pink gives a happy and feministic vibe
- This color is often relatable to a more generous and warm personality
- Pink attracts attention way more than any traditional colors like grey, black or blue
- Pink definitely makes one look exciting and interesting rather than boring like grey and black
Best Pink Walkers for the Elderly
|Vive Mobility Rollator Walker - Folding 4 Wheel Medical Rolling Walker with Seat & Bag - Aid for...||560 Reviews||$139.99||Buy on Amazon|
|NOVA Medical Products GetGo Petite Narrow Rollator Walker (Petite & Narrow Size), Rolling Walker for...||1,267 Reviews||$118.03||Buy on Amazon|
|Able Life Space Saver Walker, Lightweight Folding 2 Wheel Rolling Walker for Seniors with Fixed...||1,131 Reviews||$99.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Lumex Walkabout Lite Rollator, Pink, RJ4300P||439 Reviews||$83.00||Buy on Amazon|
VIVE Mobility Rollator Walker
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT AND STABILITY: Heavy duty and durable, the Vive rollator provides stable support, easily maneuvering over any type of surface with large 8” sport wheels. The handle height is...
- COMPACT FOLDABLE DESIGN: The collapsible rollator is compact when folded, easily fitting in the trunk of a car or even in the backseat. Hassle-free folding in one easy step. Simply pull up on the...
Designed to be able to withstand a larger weight capacity of up to 300 lbs, the Vive Rollator has a complete aluminum frame with larger than normal 8-inch wheels. The wheels are sports wheels instead of the regular rollator wheels seen in most of the walkers. The front wheels are removable and can be done by the push of a single button placed right above the wheels.
The compact foldable design allows one to store the walker easily at the smallest of spaces. Additionally, the nonpadded seat rest also folds away easily and requires bare minimal space. The ergonomically designed handle is strategically placed to support the arms without uneven weight distribution.
The overall design of the frame and handle provides an optimal support system to prevent fatigue and muscular stress. The dual braking system provides an extra layer of protection against tipping or loss of balance or slippage.
Aluminum being corrosion resistant and the wheelbase being larger and of sports, variant makes the Vive walker much more long-lasting and usable product than most of the other walkers.
- Sturdy load-bearing frame capacity of 300 lbs
- Dual brake mechanism
- 8-inch sport wheel
- Hinged multi removable wheel
- Compact design with a collapsible mechanism
- The lightweight aluminum skeletal framework
- Pink walker with seat and storage bag
- 20 lbs overall weight
- 8-inch wheel
- Seat height – 23.5 inches
- Additional walking stick holder
- Seat diameter – 18.5 inches
- Removable front wheel
- Warranty of 5 yrs on frame
NOVA Getgo Petite Narrow Rollator Walker
- CHOOSE YOUR PERFECT SIZE - CLASSIC STANDARD, JUNIOR & PETITE: The GetGO Classic is a true NOVA classic with our signature design and best features. The GetGo comes in 3 sizes - CLASSIC STANDARD...
- WHEELS & BRAKES: Equipped with 6" rubber wheels with 1" wide base, NOVA's wheels are durable, great for indoor and outdoor use and make the ride smooth and stable. NOVA's patented feather touch hand...
Finding the right medical device for height ranges outside the traditional range of 5.5 ft to 6 ft is often a difficult task. NOVA Petite Getgo is exclusively designed for shorter people who have a height range between 4 ft 5 inches to 5 ft 2 inches.
The Lock and Load mechanism is a 1 push-button system that allows quick and easy folding and unfolding of the rollator. The Nova Petite Get Go comes with a collapsible pouch instead of an under-seat basket thus allowing easier foldability.
Nova Petite GetGo is equipped with 6-inch rubber wheels that have a 1-inch wide base making them equally comfortable during movements both indoor and outdoor. The feather touch braking system makes it look effortless to control the speed and movement
The padded seat has a 2-inch cushion for comfort without utilizing too much space. The 12-inch width of the seat gives enough resting space for optimal seating. The undercarriage of the seat holds enough storage space for keeping basic necessities like keys, phones, medicines, and bottles.
Nova Petite Go has a lifetime warranty on the frame and 5 yrs on the braking mechanism thus making it a value for money product.
- Lightweight 4 wheelbase rollator
- Feather-touch braking mechanism
- Flippable seat rest
- Adjustable handle rest
- Suitably designed for shorter height individuals
- The narrow frame design of 22 inches for a comfortable grip
- Smaller 6-inch wheelbase
- The load-bearing capacity of up to 300 lbs
- Under Seat pouch for additional storage space.
- Weight – 13.5 lbs
- 22 inch wide and 24-inch depth
- Seat height adjustable up to 18.5 inches
- Warranty – lifetime frame warranty and 5 yrs warranty on Handbrakes
Able Life Space Saver Walker, Lightweight Folding 2 Wheel Rolling Walker
- FOLDABLE COMPACT WALKER: The Able Life Space Saver Walker folds 4 times smaller than average walkers and rollators making this walker portable and easy to store; easily collapse the walker like an...
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Easily use the Space Saver Walker when traveling, running errands, or getting around the house; the lightweight, 8 pound frame is easy to load and unload from a vehicle but sturdy...
Lightweight frame weighing up to 8 pounds making it easy to fold and carry anywhere. The small design is compact and requires minimum space to store. The frame being minimalist and almost 4 times smaller than normal makes it an easy choice to carry while traveling. It is so compact that it can even fit in the flight overhead baggage section easily.
The sturdy aluminum framework can bear a weight limit of 400 lbs which is higher than the average 300 lbs limit in most cases. In addition to that, the framework height adjustment has a wider range of 32 inches to 39 inches making it user compatible with short as well as tall people.
Able Life Saver Walker is equipped with a dual 6-inch front wheel that allows a better and much more fluid movement than normal walkers and Rollators. The gliding motion requires minimal effort for movement and thus does not cause muscular fatigue.
- Smallest foldable walker of the world
- Wider height and weight capacity range than average
- Feather-touch folding mechanism
- Stylish design available in multiple color range other than Pink
- Dual front wheel for easy glide movement
- Walker weight – 8 lbs
- Weight capacity – 400 lbs
- Wheel diameter – 7 inches
- Height adjustment range – 4 ft 10 inches to 6 ft 2 inches
- Frame height range – 32 inches to 39 inches
- Frame width -25.5 inches
- Wheel dimension – 6 inches
- Frame – Aluminium
- Warranty – 1 yrs
Lumex Walkabout Lite 4-Wheel Rollator RJ4300 (PINK)
- Easy to use locking and "quick stop" hand brakes; pull up to stop, push down to lock
- Ergonomic hand grips with adjustable handle height to accommodate a broad range of user heights
Lumex Walkabout Lite 4-Wheel Rollator RJ4300 (PINK) is one of the most compacts and affordable rollators currently available. The design of the Lumex Rollators includes a very lightweight frame that is easy to move around and smaller in size to fit into the most restricting spaces.
With a load-bearing capacity of up to 300 lbs, the Lumex RJ4300 is suitable for most of the elderly. The Lumex Rollator comes with a seat with ample size rest pad making it a comfortable sitting option.
The removable backrest rod has to pad a relaxed and comfortable back support. In addition to the wide seat base, the storage bin attachment makes it easy to carry necessary goods without any problem.
- Adjustable frame height
- Rear reflectors for safety
- Compact and lightweight
- Sturdy and frictionless hand grip support
- Collapsible folding frame
- Loop break for easy movement
- Padded Seat with storage unit underneath
- Removable backrest
- 14.5 lbs weight
- 6-inch wheelbase
- Seat diameter – 17.5 inch
- Seat height – 23 inch from the ground level
- Handle adjustable height of 32 inches to 37 inch
- 5 yrs warranty on frame
What to Look for in a Pink Walker?
A walker may seem like a simple device. However, not all walkers are alike. Before deciding to choose the right pink walker there are a few criteria one must ponder upon. These factors become the deciding factor in choosing the right walker that is a perfect and comfortable fit for the one in need. The factors one should look for in a walker includes:
The height of the handle and it’s adjustability
Walkers generally have a pre-customized adjustable handle. However, these adjustments are suitable for people between the height range of 5 and a half feet to 6 feet. Anyone who is shorter or taller then this predetermined height range needs custom designed walkers.
The right walker that suits your height perfectly should have the handle height at your wrist level. This helps in even weight distribution and proper support systems while using the walker.
Weight of the Walker
The weight of the walker matters a great deal. Ease of movability is only possible if the walker is lightweight and easy to lift. Additionally, if you are a frequent flier, carrying a heavy walker can be problematic given the weight restrictions in the majority of the airlines.
Height of the seat (if any)
Many walkers today are designed with a seat that may or may not be collapsible. However, it is important to check the seat height level before purchasing the walker. A walker with optimal seat height will ensure that your feet remain planted on the ground level at all times while you are seated. Additionally, the thighs will be parallel to the floor while one is seated.
Additional accessories and storage space
It is always better to choose a walker that has additional storage space. One cannot always carry personal items and files along while using the walker. If the walker has a storage basket, things like medicines, water bottles, files, etc can easily be put away there.
How to Choose the Right Walker for an Elderly Patient?
Choosing the type of walker is easy. However, what matters most is which type of rollator or walker suits the patient’s needs perfectly. Every walker and its subtype has a definitive purpose and is dedicated to a specific category of patients.
Rollators with wheels are comparatively easier to move and faster. The front wheels are movable while the rear wheels are generally fixed. The speed of the rollators is generally controlled with the brakes located on both the handles.
Three Wheel Rollator
These triangle-shaped rollators have a single front wheel and 2 rear wheels. They are generally smaller in size than the 4 wheel rollators and much more lightweight and compact.
Three Wheel Rollator The three-wheel rollator is a spin-off of the four-wheel version, with a triangular design featuring two wheels at the rear and a single wheel at the front.
These walkers are specifically created to provide ample support and rest for the arms. The pressure created during motion is distributed evenly all over the upper body region instead of being concentrated on the wrist in Upright walkers.
Read our Elenker Upright Walker Review
Walkers and Rollators have a maximum weight-bearing capacity of 300 to 350 pounds. This makes them unsuitable for heavily obese patients. Heavy duty walkers are specially designed to bear weight up to 500 lbs for these kinds of patients.
The sturdy and wider walker frames and heavy duty tires of Bariatric Walkers are suitable for larger size patients only.
Wheel – less walker
The oldest and most common and standard walker designs are the ones without wheels. They generally consist of four legs with adjustable height and an upper frame to hold on to. Considered the most stable walker of all, they are simple, lightweight, and inexpensive.
Are Walkers Covered by Insurance?
Walkers are considered as medical equipment of a durable nature. This makes them a reliable choice to include under Medical Insurance in the majority of the cases. In addition to insurance, donation of walking aids like walkers and rollators are one of the major schematics of almost all the charitable organizations and Voluntary services.
Walkers are certainly a boon for the elderly who suffer from movement restricting ailments. Being able to walk around without the need for constant vigilance and assistance is a freedom unlike any other. This freedom is only possible because of an excellent and brilliant medical device called walkers.
Pink walkers for adults are not just eye-catching and stylish but they also present a very happy and boisterous outlook to the person using it too. The above-reviewed walkers are among the best Pink walkers of 2020 one can choose from.